Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I Love Versace



Versace is one of my favourite brands, and I have always admired Gianni Versace for his designs and unique tastes. Before Versace was assassinated, I was already a fan of his creativity. His inspiration was not unfounded, but based on his travels around the world, birthed from a combination of the local culture and creative thinking.

He had been to Greece, Rome, Tibet, China, Southeast Asia, and Latin America was one of his favourites. Infinite creativity must grapple with the social norms of law and order in order to have astonishing results. Until his death, he injected new elements into all his research with zero repertoires; an ultimate expression of his fervour for his work. Unfortunately, he was unable to escape from the clutches of fate in the end.

Gianni Versace's demise did not directly impact many people, but his followers experienced an upheaval. Till now I have yet to see a potential successor to his throne. I like Versace, not because of himself, but because of his passionate endeavours.

Occasionally, I still drop down to Palazzo Versace to inspire myself to better creative heights.




No comments:

Post a Comment